Sample Type / Medical Specialty: Ophthalmology
Sample Name: Conjunctivitis
Description: A sample note on Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye).
(Medical Transcription Sample Report)
CONJUNCTIVITIS, better known as Pink Eye, is an infection of the inside of your eyelid. It is usually caused by allergies, bacteria, viruses, or chemicals.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS?
1. Red, irritated eye.
2. Some burning and/or scratchy feeling.
3. There may be a purulent (pus) or a mucous type discharge.
HOW IS IT TREATED?
It depends on what caused the Pink Eye. It may or may not need medication for treatment. If medication is given, follow the directions on the label.
TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE INFECTION:
1. Wash hands thoroughly before you use the medicine in your eyes. After using the medicine in your eyes. Every time you touch your eyes or face.
2. Wash any clothing touched by infected eyes.
3. Do not share make-up. If the infection is caused by bacteria or a virus you must throw away your used make-up and buy new make-up.
4. Do not touch the infected eye because the infection will spread to the good eye. IMPORTANT!!!
5. Pink Eye Spreads Very Easily!
Keywords: ophthalmology, eyelid, infected eyes, pink eye, conjunctivitis, eyes, infection, eye,